Saturday, August 11, 2012

Are You Ready?

"Are you ready for school to begin?"  It's one of the most popular questions we educators get asked by friends, relatives, acquaintances, students, parents--pretty much anyone who knows what we do. If I had a dollar for every time I had been asked this question, I would be well on my way to purchasing a second home in the South of France.   As I have been asked about this over and over again during the past few weeks, my answer has never wavered--Yes!  I am so ready for school to begin!  I can't wait!

Don't get me wrong, I love my summer vacation.  It is a time for me to relax, reflect, and re-energize.  However, by the end of July I start getting antsy.  I come down with "Back-to-School-itis."  I begin to get excited about all of the promising possibilities a new school year brings.  I begin thinking about my wonderful students and staff and long to be back with all of them, witnessing the miracle of learning.  For me, this is the most exciting time of the year. 

I wonder...how do you answer that question?  Regardless of how you answer, the first day of school is just around the corner.  You have the power to set the tone for your school year by being excited it's here. Or you can choose to begin the year feeling depressed that summer has come to a close.  I choose to set myself, my staff, and my students up for the best school year ever--because I truly am ready!  I hope you feel the same sense of joy and excitement as I do!

I can't wait! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment